Mini-workshop on the Charm Program at JLab, April 2000
- Goal: preparation of the program for
charm studies at 12GeV at JLab.
- Date : April,3 2000
- Place: JLab, CEBAF center, room A110
One of the new fields to study at JLab upgraded to 12 GeV is charm
production. An interest to this field was expressed on several
workshops at JLab.
It is expected that a relevant program for charm studies should
be included in the 12 GeV upgrade program. Such a program
should be prepared by June,2000.
The charm program has been discussed during
the 12GeV Workshop in January 2000. There, it was argeed that a
draft of the proposal should be prepared by
the working group by April. At least the main physics goals
should be formulated and the experimental program should be
elaborated to a level sufficient to be included in the proposal.
The main goal of the mini-workshop
planned for April,3 is to discuss this draft and new ideas,
should they arrive.
Agenda for April,3
- 9:30 Introduction
- 9:45 D.Kharzeev (RIKEN BNL) Charm production near threshold
- 10:30 Coffee break
- 10:40 J.-M. Laget (Saclay) The physics motivation for
the charm studies at JLab
(the draft of the program)
- 11:25 Discussion
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:30 E.Chudakov (JLab) Experimental options for charm studies at JLab
- 14:30 J.Templon (Georgia U) Charm electroproduction
- 14:50 Coffee break
- 15:00 A.Margaryan (Erevan Physics Inst.) Charmed Nuclei at CEBAF
- 15:20 P.Bosted (Massachusetts U/SLAC) Proposed Charm Studies at SLAC
- 15:40 Discussion of the draft
Last updated: Fri, 31 Mar 2000